Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Much time has passed since my last post. Perhaps, those who kept up with my life in South Africa have wondered what I have been up to in the year since my last post.
Maybe you don't care, but for me, there has to be something to reboot this little web journal.
Let me tell you I have tried to breach the void several times. I think I counted 42 drafts since my last post…yeah. And there is a reason those remained in the draft box. No one would have understood.
I can laugh now when I read some of the headings like…

-Where Has Time Gone?
- Deep Sea Creature Mal (Finding Nemo reference) 
-Kid-less Motherhood
-Where in the World in Mallory Reece?
-Home?

As you see, they don't make much sense, but maybe that gives you a little glimpse into what was going on in my head. I didn't know culture readjusting would be one of the most challenging parts of "misionarying." It was really hard but this time welded me to one truth of Gods grace. Re-entering life in America was a  heart wrenching task, but I learned hands on God's sustaining grace for me.  His understanding and interceding because no one else could. I learned of His promise that He will never leave me or forsake me.
That is the short version (much better said now being able to look back on, rather than being  in the center of that lesson) but I am so thankful for that time!

Now having you caught up in some areas, I do want to relaunch this little site, because just because I am not in Africa does not mean God is not a missionary God, or that His work through me and in me is not visible or as valued. I have learned a lot since being home from Africa, and have learned so much more about God's heart for His people, or what He sees as valuable investments.

 I want to be a testimony of who this God is- whether that is working with orphans in Africa, or living in Iowa- God is God no matter where I am.

I believe for me it will be a good discipline to type out ways I see God at work in Iowa. This will help my own eyes to see what He is doing here as significant. It will be a challenge to try and learn how to communicate the gospel better, and the simpleness of helping my unbelief in sharing the stories.  
When we write something down it is no longer just in our brain. It becomes something-a readable document. And it makes us claim what we have been believing in our head. I want to share what is happening here, and if you please, you can read along too! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment Here!