Thursday, December 27, 2012

Merry Christmas

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!


What a day! How blessed a day to celebrate to day our Savior came. He came as a baby! The word became flesh, and dwelt among us! The more I think about the humility of our Lord Jesus Christ, the more and more I am amazed. This Christmas was unlike any I have ever had! I am so overjoyed to have been able to spend Christmas with my family at RHI. Though I missed my family a bit and it didn’t quite feel like the White Christmas I am used to, I loved spending that day in the sun, here in South Africa! :)

 This Christmas I learned much about the humility of the Son of God, coming and dwelling among us. I was challenged to worship. Making lesser of the gifts and more of the reason Jesus came. 
He didn’t just come as baby Jesus all cute and sweet, so we can sing harmonious songs about him, but Christ came for a purpose so long foretold. Jesus came as King, as High Priest, and as the only one who could pay the ransom for our wicked souls.  He came not as a cute little ornament to hang on our trees, but as a victor of death! As a proclaimer of peace to set the captives free. He came to solve the world’s largest problem;  that even behind all the show, colorful lights, and money spent, we can't escape are depraved, and in desperate need of rescuing. 
I am not trying to bash anyone’s Christmas cheer, but maybe the reason for the cheer is more than Santa…actually I know it is!  It is JESUS, God in flesh, lowering himself to do what no gift of offering could ever do. He came to live unprivileged, downcast, sorrowful, and even hated. But he came to bring JOY to the world, to give them hope for their wickedness that no matter how hard we try we'll never solve our problem. But Jesus was born to give us life, break the chains of sin, bridge the gap so that we might have fellowship with God the Father!! Baby Jesus was born to live and die... and pay the debt I deserve! Jesus was born to die to save!! 

Wow, that is Christmas. Jesus: more than cute. Victor of Death, Messiah , Great I am, chosen One.
Oh Come Let us ADORE Him- Christ the Lord.

Here is a song that I have enjoyed. Listen to the words if you can. And enjoy the smiling faces I got to spend this christmas with :)



TUMELO
STHEMBILE
MONICA AND MEREDITH 




RETHEBILE

TUMI

DRAKE


MODIEHI AND KAMOHALO

ROSE, PETER, AND MOTSHIDISI

We spent a day at a nearby pool as a gift for christmas! :) A first for me.
DIEKETSENG

MOTSHIDISI

PAULINA

ROSE

LERATO


NTSIKILALO
Tumi trying out his new bike :)






1 comment:

  1. Amen! and praise God for the one who came down here to be among us to save us!!
    Mal I miss you so much and these photos are beautiful. Love you sister

    ReplyDelete

Comment Here!